The Power District is accepting applications for the following position:
Part-Time Office Assistant /Cleaner.
The Lincoln County Power District is seeking to a hire a part time office assistant/cleaning person. The position will be at the Power District administration offices, 201 Bullionville Road in Panaca. Duties will include general office tasks and cleaning of administration complex. Hours will vary each week up to a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. Hours will be flexible but the selected person must be available to perform some of the janitorial job tasks after normal office hours. Pay will be based upon ability to perform tasks and qualifications. The full job description for this position may be found in the Power District’s employee policies and is reprinted below. If interested, download an application from the Power District's web site and turn into the Power District office. This position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is selected. For further information on these positions please contact Missy Cheeney at 775-962-5121, extension 7. The full position descripton is as follows:
u. Part-Time Employee. An employee who is hired to work less than 20 hours per week to assist with duties as established for the specific position. Part-time employees are not eligible for benefits, including but not limited to holiday pay, vacation pay, sick pay, civic duty pay, participation in the District’s health insurance, life insurance or retirement plans. Hours worked by part-time employees will be scheduled by their assigned supervisor. Part-time positions will be filled by management.
1. Office Assistant/Cleaner. A part-time employee who under the supervision of the administrative manager is responsible for (1) performing cleaning tasks and duties at the District administration building and operations building, (2) performing assigned office tasks, (3) performing other duties as assigned. The office assistant/cleaner must have the ability to perform lifting, pushing, bending, twisting, carrying (up to 50 lbs), and climbing ladders. The office assistant/cleaner must be able to use office cleaning equipment and perform basic maintenance of cleaning equipment such as cleaning hoses, filters, rollers, brushes. The office assistant/cleaner must be able to work unsupervised and should have good time management skills, have a strong work ethic, have the ability to understand and follow written and oral directions, be self-motivated, and be detail oriented. The office assistant/cleaner must have a valid Nevada driver’s license, or obtain one within 30 days of hiring. Tasks may include:
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and periodic polishing of floors.
- Dusting and/or wiping down furniture, equipment, fixtures, appliances, and miscellaneous apparatus.
- Emptying waste bins.
- Tidying offices including conference room, work areas, kitchen, reception, supply closets, store rooms and bathroom facilities.
- Cleaning windows/glass, walls, doors, sinks, toilets, urinals, refrigerators, microwave ovens, tables and countertops.
- Completing errands on behalf of the District.
- Delivering and collecting mail and drop box payments.
- Meter reading.
- General office duties of duplicating, collating, stapling, scanning, filing etc.
- Answering telephone, accepting payments, and general customer service
- Weeding of landscape areas.
- Sweeping outside sidewalks.
- Trimming bushes.